About Online & Distance Education
Online & Distance Education (ODE) is a part of the Office of Extended Learning at the University of North Dakota.
ODE facilitates the delivery of the University's courses, graduate certificates, and degree programs in an online or other distance format, including correspondence by mail, videoconferencing, and off-campus sites in Bismarck, Fargo, and other locations.
It also offers an array of non-academic courses for individuals seeking career or personal development, including online courses for professional certifications and continuing education opportunities for K-12 educators.
The University of North Dakota has a strong history in distance learning, offering correspondence by mail courses since 1911. Today, more than 7,000 enroll in distance courses each year.
National Rankings for UND Online & Distance Education
Top Online Military-Friendly School
UND ranked #3 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited online military-friendly schools, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
Top Online Nonprofit School
UND ranked #11 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited online nonprofit schools, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
Top Program Rankings
- Top 10 Best Online Master of Social Work Programs - TheBestSchools.org
- Top 10 Best Online Counseling Degree Programs - Guide to Best Counseling Degrees
- Top 10 "Best Buy" for Online MBA Programs with AACSB Accreditation - GetEducated.com
- Top 10 "Best Buy" for Online Master of Public Administration Programs - GetEducated.com
- Top 25 "Smart Choice" for Online Early Childhood Education Degrees - SuperScholar
We serve lifelong learners by extending the University's exceptional learning opportunities and services across the state of North Dakota and beyond.
We positively impact lives by offering innovative, learner-focused education and services.
- Strive for integrity and quality in all that we do.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect to foster a trusting environment.
- Respect tradition, learn from experience, strive for improvement through reflection with open minds, positive attitudes, and a willingness to change.
- Acknowledge that the strength of our leadership comes from the empowerment and motivation of our people.
- Recognize the importance, contributions, and power of a strong team, and value the diversity of each member's talents, abilities, and opinions.
- Encourage and assist people to learn, grow, and fully develop their potential.
- Encourage creativity, flexibility, collaboration, and entrepreneurship throughout the University to develop innovative solutions.
- Create an enjoyable work atmosphere by celebrating our shared successes.
- Achieve sustainability and growth by working more efficiently and effectively.