Correspondence by Mail
$247.40 per Credit (No Fees)
ART110: Introduction to the Visual Arts
Undergraduate College Credit Courses
How Independent Study Works
Independent Study Courses – Anytime, Anywhere Learning
With the University of North Dakota, you can take self-paced college courses when, where, and how you want. Although you never enter a classroom, your instructor is as close as your phone or e-mail if you have questions or need advice. And the best part…
You don’t have to wait until the next semester to get started!
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll at any time.
- take up to 9 months to complete your course.
- learn at your own pace.
- complete lessons/exams on your own schedule.
- pick your preferred time and place for studying.
NOTE: Open enrollment, independent study courses are offered in either an online OR correspondence by mail format. Prior to registering, please verify that the course is offered in the format you want.
Independent Study Requires Discipline and Commitment
Before enrolling in an independent study course, ask yourself:
- Do you work well on your own or do you prefer to learn with other students?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to schedules?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills?
- Do you have good written communication skills?
- Are you self-motivated? Will you complete the work without anyone there to push you?
Keep in mind, our staff is committed to distance learning and is available to help you via e-mail or phone.