Correspondence by Mail
$266.17 per Credit (No Fees)
ART110: Introduction to the Visual Arts
Undergraduate College Credit Courses
Independent Study Courses – Anytime, Anywhere Learning
- Earn academic credit outside the classroom setting with online or correspondence by mail courses.
- Choose from a variety of undergraduate courses available in subjects ranging from accounting to visual arts.
- Enroll at any time—you don’t need to wait for the next semester to get started!
- Take up to 9 months to complete your course.
- Learn at your own pace; study in your own space.
- Experience the same quality learning experience as traditional on-campus courses. Courses are taught by UND faculty members.
- Get access to student support services, such as online tutoring, library, and advising services.
- Receive the same rate of tuition as a North Dakota student for all independent study courses regardless of where you live!
IMPORTANT! Open enrollment, independent study courses that do not follow the semester schedule do not qualify for financial aid, and also do not qualify for military tuition assistance through the Department of Defense (DoD).
Online & Distance Education at the University of North Dakota
- The University of North Dakota, founded in 1883, is a nationally prominent, student-focused doctoral university with outstanding professional programs, cutting-edge research, and creative scholarship.
- UND is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- UND enrolls more than 15,000 motivated and academically-prepared undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in more than 200 programs of study from every state and more than 50 countries.
- UND has a strong history in distance learning, offering correspondence by mail courses since 1911. Today, more than 7,000 enroll in UND’s off-campus and online courses each year.
- According to thebestschools.org, UND is ranked in the top 30 Best Online Colleges for 2014.