We Can Help
PhD in Teaching & Learning with an Emphasis in Teacher Education or Higher Education
New students may begin January 2012
- 90-96 Credits (Beyond Your Bachelor's Degree)
- 4+ Years to Complete
- Face-to-Face Classes with Online Coursework
- Classes Held Fridays and Saturdays in Bismarck, ND
- Meets 3 to 5 Weekends Per Course
- 1 Brief On-Campus Visit in Grand Forks, ND
Teaching & Learning Doctoral Program offered in Bismarck, ND
The University of North Dakota's Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Teaching & Learning with an Emphasis in Teacher Education or Higher Education prepares you for leadership and teaching positions in colleges and universities.
UND's Teaching & Learning Doctoral Program is designed for individuals who teach or want to teach in a college or university setting. The Teacher Education Emphasis is specifically designed for:
- higher education faculty who prepare students for careers in PreK-12 education, or
- consultants to teachers in PreK-12 schools.
The PhD in Teaching & Learning Program is also designed for higher education professionals in an academic discipline that does not offer a doctoral program of study.
Through online coursework and face-to-face courses offered in Bismarck, North Dakota, you will focus on:
- creative scholarship
- educational theory
As a graduate of UND's Teaching & Learning Doctoral Program, you will have advanced skills to:
- develop and evaluate college-level curriculum
- implement teaching strategies for adult learners at the college level
- explore new teaching strategies using research, assessment, and technology
- improve student motivation and productivity within your classroom
- fulfill the demand for higher education faculty who possess the knowledge, vision, and integrity needed to teach successfully