We Can Help
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
- 136 Credits
- 6+ Years to Complete
- Recorded Lectures with On-Campus Labs
- Deadlines for Lessons/Exams
- ABET Accredited
With the University of North Dakota’s ABET-accredited distance engineering degree program, you can earn your Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering while you continue to live and work in your local community. Through online learning, employees from the following companies have earned their bachelor’s degrees while continuing to work:
- Agilent Technologies
- Department of Transportation
- Hutchinson Technology
- Lucent Technologies
- Whirlpool Corporation
UND’s distance engineering degree program prepares you for the responsible practice of professional engineering and provides you with the necessary skills to advance your electrical engineering career. You will receive a well-rounded education that emphasizes creativity, critical thinking, and communication skills.
As a graduate of the online program, you will:
- be prepared to practice in corporate and government entry-level jobs or to pursue further education at the graduate level.
- possess a breadth of knowledge in electrical engineering covering the fundamentals of DC and AC electricity and electric power circuits, analog and digital electronics, electromagnetic fields and applications, and signals and systems.
- know how to conduct experimental work needed to substantiate theoretical developments.
- understand and formulate solutions of open-ended engineering design problems.
- use computers for solving problems including computations, data acquisition, controls, programming, design, information retrieval, and graphics.
- be able to work and communicate effectively with your peers and the general public.
As an electrical engineer, you may work in broad range of industries, including:
- energy and electric power
- education and research
- transportation and automotive