We Can Help
Bachelor of General Studies (Independent Study)
- 125 Credits
- 9 Months to Complete Each Course
- Online and/or Correspondence by Mail
- Independent Study
- Work at Your Own Pace
- In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
You can earn your Bachelor of General Studies degree by taking correspondence by mail and/or online independent study courses. This means that you can work toward your degree from anywhere at your own pace.
Depending on your goals, you can complete one course every 9 months, or you can earn your degree faster by taking more than one course at a time…it’s up to you!
The Bachelor of General Studies focuses on your intellectual growth through study in the liberal arts:
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Fine Arts
By earning your bachelor’s degree in General Studies, you will:
- experience a broad, multi-disciplinary education.
- demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills.
- learn to communicate more effectively, both orally and in writing.
- acquire knowledge over a wide range of subject areas.
- develop some familiarity with cultures other than your own.
- make more well-informed choices.
Bachelor of General Studies – Semester-Based Option
You also may work toward your Bachelor of General Studies through Online, Semester-Based Courses by completing online college courses that follow the semester schedule from the University of North Dakota.