We Can Help
Bachelor of General Studies (Semester-Based)
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
- 125 Credits
- 4+ Years to Complete
- Interact in a Virtual Classroom
- Deadlines for Lessons/Exams
- In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
You can earn your Bachelor of General Studies degree by taking online courses during the semester schedule. This means that you can work toward your degree from anywhere - at the time and place of your choice!
Depending on your goals, you can complete one course every semester, or you can earn your degree faster by taking more than one course each term…it’s up to you!
The Bachelor of General Studies focuses on your intellectual growth through study in the liberal arts:
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Fine Arts
By earning your bachelor’s degree in General Studies, you will:
- experience a broad, multi-disciplinary education.
- demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills.
- learn to communicate more effectively, both orally and in writing.
- acquire knowledge over a wide range of subject areas.
- develop some familiarity with cultures other than your own.
- make more well-informed choices.
Bachelor of General Studies - Independent Study Option
You may also work toward your Bachelor of General Studies through Independent Study by completing self-paced, college courses online or by correspondence from the University of North Dakota.