We Can Help
Master of Social Work (MSW) for Non-BSW Students
Begins every Spring (January)
- 60 Credits
- 3+ Years to Complete
- Live Web Classes Held Evenings/Weekends with 2 On-Campus Visits
- Deadlines for Lessons/Exams
- In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
This MSW distance program is designed for individuals
without a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW).
The University of North Dakota's Master of Social Work (MSW) program prepares you to serve as an advanced generalist social worker through online courses and intensive on-campus lab experiences.
UND’s Master of Social Work distance program gives you:
- knowledge of highly developed social work concepts and theories.
- outstanding analytical, statistical, and evaluation skills.
- enhanced communication skills needed for social work practice, management or program development.
- in-depth understanding of social systems.
- increased insight into the roles social workers play.
As a graduate of the part-time MSW program, you will have advanced practice knowledge, values and skills consistent with the highest ideals of the profession for:
- empowering vulnerable, oppressed, disadvantaged, and rural populations;
- maximizing opportunities for every individual to realize his or her highest potential; and
- promoting respect, awareness and appreciation for culture and social justice at every level of society.
"UND has a great social work program!" - 2006 Princeton Review
NOTE: If you have your Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree, you may apply to the Master of Social Work for BSW Students distance program.