We Can Help
Master of Science in Special Education
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (June)
- 32+ Credits
- 1.5+ Years to Complete
- All Classes Offered Asynchronously
- Weekly Assignments, Projects, and Non-Proctored Exams
- In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
We believe all children can learn.
UND College of Education & Human Development’s online Master of Science in Special Education program prepares you to serve students and other individuals with mild to moderate disabilities by qualifying you to:
- diagnose difficulties and exceptionalities for children and young adults
- plan curricular approaches
- develop and deliver instructional programs with the help of other pertinent professionals in the school, hospital, and other human service agenices
Through online courses, you will:
- learn concepts, practices, and approaches that benefit children and young adults with various difficulties and exceptionalities.
- apply what you have learned in a practicum/internship setting so you can further refine diagnostic and prescriptive skills.
- become familiar with issues, trends, and research that mark contemporary education.
- be encouraged to have an inquiring and questioning attitude toward your profession.
- become conversant with the literature of the field and be encouraged to be a lifelong learner.
Depending on your interests, you may focus your coursework in one of the following specialization areas:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- Emotional Disturbance (ED)
- General Special Education
- Gifted/Talented (G/T)
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID)
- Learning Disabilities (LD)
- Special Education Strategist (SES)
- Visual Impairment (VI)
In addition to the specialization areas, an approved sequence of courses for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is available.
Online Autistic Spectrum Disorders Graduate Certificate
You also may pursue a fully-online Graduate Certificate in Autistic Spectrum Disorders by completing 12 credits of graduate-level coursework.