6+ Years to Complete
Recorded Lectures with On-Campus Labs
We Can Help
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
Distance Engineering Degree Programs
- Leads to a degree in one of UND's ABET-accredited undergraduate degree programs.
- Designed for working adults who are unable to complete a full-time, on-campus program.
- Follows the same curriculum as UND’s on-campus engineering programs.
- Available online with brief on-campus labs (ranging from 5 to 14 days) held during the summer in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- Provides online access to recorded classroom lectures and course materials from anywhere, at any time.
- Requires supervised (proctored) exams to be completed within a specified timeframe at a location near you.
- Waives select course requirements if you demonstrate work experience and extensive knowledge in the field of engineering.
- Taught by highly qualified UND faculty who are committed to distance learning and are available to answer your questions by phone or e-mail.
- Offers student support services, such as online tutoring, library, tech support, and advising services.
- Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January), or Summer (May) Semester.
Since 1989, UND has offered one of the few ABET-accredited distance engineering bachelor's degree programs. In 2004, UND received the WOW Award given by the Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications for being on the cutting edge of using technology for distance engineering degree programs.
Online & Distance Education at the University of North Dakota
- The University of North Dakota, founded in 1883, is a nationally prominent, student-focused doctoral university with outstanding professional programs, cutting-edge research, and creative scholarship.
- UND is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- UND enrolls more than 14,000 motivated and academically-prepared undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in more than 200 programs of study from every state and more than 50 countries.
- UND has a strong history in distance learning, offering correspondence by mail courses since 1911. Today, more than 7,000 enroll in UND’s off-campus and online courses each year.
- UND ranked #3 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited "Online Military-Friendly Schools," according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
- UND is one of the "Top 12 Online Nonprofit Schools" in the nation, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.