1 - 2 Years to Complete
Face-to-Face Classes in Bismarck, ND with Online Coursework
In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
We Can Help
Master of Education (MEd) in Educational Leadership
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (June)
Who Should Apply?
If you want to enhance your leadership abilities and strengthen your organization, the Master’s in Educational Leadership is designed for you.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Prepares you for administrative positions in P-12 schools.
- Meets the education requirements for the North Dakota principal credential at either the elementary or secondary level.
- Designed for applicants who are licensed to teach and have a minimum of 1 year of teaching experience.
IMPORTANT! The Master’s in Educational Leadership distance program requires face-to-face meetings held in Bismarck, North Dakota. You must be willing to travel to central North Dakota before applying to this program.
Admission Requirements: MEd in Educational Leadership
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Completion of all departmental requirements.*
- Completion of admission materials.*
*Refer to the Department of Educational Leadership for specific criteria used to assess your application for Admission to the Educational Leadership Master’s Program.
If you do not meet the admission standards, you may be admitted on a provisional basis with continued enrollment contingent on successful performance in the program.
For detailed information on admission requirements and the application process, please refer to the UND School of Graduate Studies.