2+ Years to Complete
Live Web Classes Held at Set Times
In-State Tuition Regardless of Residency
We Can Help
Master of Science in Applied Economics (MSAE)
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
Career Options for Business Economists
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job prospects for economists will be best for those who have:
- graduate degrees in economics.
- skills in quantitative techniques and their application to economic modeling and forecasting.
- good communication skills.
Demand for economic analysis should grow about as fast as average for all occupations. Job opportunities will grow the fastest for those with economic backgrounds who have specialized job functions in related occupations, such as:
- financial analyst
- market analyst
- public policy consultant
- researcher or research assistant
- purchasing manager
Employment growth should be best in private industry, especially in management, scientific, and technical consulting services. Rising demand for economic analysis in virtually every industry stems from the:
- growing complexity of the global economy.
- effects of competition on businesses.
- increased reliance on quantitative methods for analyzing and forecasting business, sales, and other economic trends.
For specific information on the nature of the work, job outlook, and earnings, view the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.