6+ Years to Complete
Recorded Lectures with On-Campus Labs
ABET Accreditation (Pending)
We Can Help
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
Petroleum Engineering Distance Degree Program
- Uses the most advanced clean drilling, production, and refining technologies.
- Experience an unique, applied education and research program that includes the recovery of oil and gas from conventional and unconventional resources.
- Designed for working adults who are unable to complete a full-time, on-campus program.
- Follows the same curriculum as UND’s on-campus engineering programs.
- Available online with brief on-campus labs (ranging from 5 to 14 days) held during the summer in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- Provides online access to recorded classroom lectures and course materials from anywhere, at any time.
- Requires supervised (proctored) exams to be completed within a specified timeframe at a location near you.
- Waives select course requirements if you demonstrate work experience and extensive knowledge in the field of engineering.
- Taught by highly qualified UND faculty who are committed to distance learning and are available to answer your questions by phone or e-mail.
- Offers student support services, such as online tutoring, library, tech support, and advising services.
- Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January), or Summer (May) Semester.
NOTE: Because the Petroleum Engineering major is new as of Fall 2010, UND has begun, but not yet completed, the ABET accreditation process. The Petroleum Engineering program is designed for accreditation by ABET. Similar to all of UND's engineering degrees, it is anticipated that the Petroleum Engineering program will be accredited by ABET during the next cycle. If ABET accreditation is obtained, it is retroactive for all graduates of UND's program.
Online & Distance Education at the University of North Dakota
- The University of North Dakota, founded in 1883, is a nationally prominent, student-focused doctoral university with outstanding professional programs, cutting-edge research, and creative scholarship.
- UND is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- UND enrolls more than 14,000 motivated and academically-prepared undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in more than 200 programs of study from every state and more than 50 countries.
- UND has a strong history in distance learning, offering correspondence by mail courses since 1911. Today, more than 7,000 enroll in UND’s off-campus and online courses each year.
- UND ranked #3 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited "Online Military-Friendly Schools," according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
- UND is one of the "Top 12 Online Nonprofit Schools" in the nation, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.