6+ Years to Complete
Recorded Lectures with On-Campus Labs
ABET Accreditation (Pending)
We Can Help
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
Begins every Fall (August), Spring (January) & Summer (May)
How Online Degrees Work
With the UND’s online engineering programs, you can earn your bachelor’s degree without interrupting your career. To complete your engineering degree, you will take semester-based, online courses with brief on-campus labs held during the summer.
UND’s online engineering courses mirror those offered on-campus. As a distance student, you will follow the same curriculum, watch the same lectures, and have the same deadlines for completing lessons and exams as on-campus students.
With online engineering courses, you can:
- complete semester-based, online courses from anywhere.
- view online, recorded lectures at the time of day that works best for you.
- access course materials and assignments using Web-based tools.
- take supervised (proctored) exams in your local community at the time that is most convenient for you and your proctor.
For courses requiring lab work, you will be required to complete brief, on-campus labs during the summer in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
These labs are offered in condensed formats. The length of time you spend at UND will depend on the number of lab credits, with the following guidelines:
- 1 credit lab = up to 5 days on campus
- 2 or 3 credit lab = up to 14 days on campus
You will be assisted with making lodging arrangements in the UND dorms.
“As the labs encompass an entire semester of material in a one-week period, I have to say that this has been the most challenging part of the degree program for me, but at the same time the most satisfying.”
- Bruce Bushey, ReconRobotics, Inc.