Certificate of Completion
- 5 ANFP CE Hours
- 3 Months to Complete
- Independent Study
- Work at Your Own Pace
- $ 50.00
In this short 'Hot Topics' course, we will discuss the use of finger-foods as a main menu item, with the goal of enhancing and ensuring adequate intake of food in order to meet nutritional goals. You can apply these guidelines and tips to any age client, although you will obviously want to tailor them to each individual in order to provide a pleasing and optimal dining experience for each one.
The topics you will cover include:
- Understand the definition of finger-foods
- Be able to identify clients and times when finger-foods are an appropriate choice
- Be able to educate foodservice workers on how to prepare finger-foods options
- Be able to appropriately modify menu items to allow for nutritionally equivalent finger-foods options
- Understand the importance of listening to clients of all ages in order to provide appropriate finger-foods
This course is designed for those who are expected to write or modify menus for health care food service to incorporate finger-foods diets. It provides you with the practical information, ideas, and examples that make the task of menu modification easier, and most importantly—more successful. This information will help you to serve your clients menu items that will fulfill their nutritional needs without adding additional expenses to your departments’ budget.