Outpatient Medical Coding & Billing
Certification / Licensure - Exam Prep
- 640 Hours
- 12 Months to Complete
- Independent Study
- Work at Your Own Pace
About the Course
This nationally recognized Outpatient Medical Coding & Billing online training program prepares you to fill positions for medical coding and billing professionals.
Skilled outpatient medical coding and billing technicians are in high demand for various factors:
- There has been a rapid increase in medical tests, treatments, and procedures that will be increasingly scrutinized by health insurance companies, regulators, courts, and consumers.
- Patient information must be entered into computer databases to comply with Federal legislation requiring the use of electronic patient records.
- Healthcare facilities are having difficulty attracting qualified workers, mostly because of the lack of formal training programs and sufficient resources to provide on-the-job training for coders.
All of these factors have combined to create a huge potential job market for qualified medical records technicians, and this online course will provide you with the skill set and expertise that will make you irresistible to prospective healthcare employers.
Beginning May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013, if you enroll in this program you will also be enrolled in the FREE ICD-10 FastTrack course! This course will be 120 hours of additional transition training that will prepare you for both ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding! (Students are responsible to cover the cost and shipping/handling of the additional reference material.)
Upon successful completion of the Outpatient Medical Coding & Billing course, you will be prepared for an entry-level position doing medical coding or billing in a medical office setting and will be prepared to sit for the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) national certification exam.
- Certification preparation – Though industry certification is not always an employment prerequisite, holding a credential proves a certain level of expertise to employers and improves your career opportunities. After graduation you will be prepared to sit for the CCA, CPC, or CPC-H certification exams.
- Outpatient coders can earn certification with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
IMPORTANT! This course prepares you for the CCA certification. You must also meet the professional association's eligibility requirements for the examination. The American Health Information Management Association's (AHIMA) eligibility requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent.
SPECIAL LIMTED TIME OFFER - FREE LAPTOP!
Receive a FREE laptop when you enroll in this course between January 1-July 31, 2013! For more information, contact Jill Peterka at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.701.777.2663.
*Student will be required to pay additional shipping/handling charges and MUST contact UND prior to registering, to indicate interest in the promotion.